Monday, April 6, 2009

Well, we had a good weekend despite a few moments that we will not be mentioning here. My buddy, Mike Riches, was in town for a few different things, so I was able to meet up with him on Saturday afternoon and attend a great General Priesthood session of Conference. There is something to be said about joining in a chorus with 20,000 other Priesthood brethren in the Conference Center. WOW!

After following what seemed to be the cow path in a large herd out of the building and up the road a few blocks to find my truck (illegally parked, oops) and then experiencing what it felt like to be surrounded by 20,000 other people now in cars. Again...WOW! We made our way out of the maze, and finally made it to dinner, just like old times.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day, thanks to Mema wanting Landan to go home with her to play, Afton and I were able to enjoy some quiet time with Collan during conference. It is amazing how much he is growing up on us, more and more every day!

We also received a phone call from Papa Ralph and Mama Sharron, it was great to visit with them again, and sweet of them to think of us.

We had a great family dinner, now out grown from a home and moved into a church that can accommodate the 30 of us in attendance, and quiet would not enter my mind as a description. Lots of laughs, and even a few tears and stomach pains from the aforementioned laughing. So much for a quiet and relaxing Sunday.

After spending some quality laugh time with family, it was a hurry and pack and leave, where I spent the next four hours driving Mike to Boise, more memories brought back yet again....
-Laughing at each other
-Laughing at others (not to mention names)
-Waking Mike up with an abrupt 'Tap' of the breaks and a simultaneous 'Swerve' of the wheel. (That's right, there's the girlish scream that I have long since missed hearing!) Ah the good ol' times!

Now here I am in Boise after crashing the night at Tim's and enjoying more family time with his kids, which I still believe that I am the Favorite Uncle. It has been a fun morning filled with Mike getting me lost once again, going to class with Tim at BSU, and now sitting in a Lab while he teaches, come to think of it, the tapping of my keyboard is probably annoying him, oops.

2 comments:

J-Lo said...

My curiosity is peaked about those "few moments" that were not mentioned:) Sounds like a great weekend. David saw Ralph at priesthood and had a nice chat with him. We miss you guys!

Ally said...

you guys need to update!!We miss you!!